⭐|| I did not like it

⭐⭐|| Boring at times

⭐⭐⭐|| A good read

⭐⭐⭐⭐|| A great book

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|| I loved it, would definitely read it again!

February∼2019

1. Out Of My Mind ∼ by Sharon M. Draper

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5

∼265 pages∼

Image result for out of my mind transparent background

∼Summary

Out Of My Mind is a beautiful, and emotional novel written by Sharon M. Draper. The novel is about a young girl named Melody Brooks who unfortunately has cerebral palsy. The eleven year old is unable to move, or speak. She is a remarkably intelligent girl, and throughout the story we see her overcome many obstacles in order for her to express her knowledge. Melody’s main desire through out the story is to just be accepted for who she is, to be respected, loved, and not to be treated like she is stupid. This is a very emotional book that will capture your attention and make you feel as if you were a part of the novel.

Comments∼

This novel really captured my attention from the very beginning. It is so emotional, and the author does a really good job describing the emotion and feelings of the different characters. Throughout the novel, Draper really tries to make the reader understand the many obstacles people with disabilities go through.  Th novel taught me that people with disabilities should be treated equally, and should gain the exact same respect as everyone else. While reading the book I began to understand the many hardships people who may not be able to talk or walk face. They may look like they have nothing to share, bur on the inside they are dying to speak and share their stories and knowledge. The main message I took out from this novel, is to never judge a book by its cover.

2.  The Breadwinner ∼ by Deborah Ellis

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5

∼176 pages∼

Image result for the breadwinner book transparent background

∼Summary

The Breadwinner is a heart breaking, and powerful story written by Deborah Ellis. The story takes place in Kabul Afghanistan and is a story about the struggles of eleven year old Parvana after her dad is taken to jail by the Taliban. She is forced to find a way to help her family survive, therefore she puts her life at risk and she chops off all her hair, and dresses like a boy in order to find a job so she can provide for her family.

Comments∼

I absolutely loved this book, and Ellis did an amazing job going into every detail, and capturing every emotion. As I was reading I could almost feel as if I was a part of the story and had to go through and try to overcome the many obstacles faced by Parvana. This book spreads awareness about all the unfortunate events that are occurring in Afghanistan. While I was reading I began to feel grateful for what I have because this story clearly emphasizes all the hardships that sadly are brought upon Afghan children and families. The main message I took out from this book, is to always be grateful for what you have, because someone on the other side of the world would do anything in their power to live the way you do.

pages/day in February ∼ 15.75

This month I read about 15.75 pages each day, and I feel like that is not enough and I can do better. So for next month, I will try to read at least 20 – 25 pages per day.